E-Business and Internet Law
Funkhouser Vegosen Liebman & Dunn Ltd. provides comprehensive legal solutions both for businesses with established Internet initiatives and those venturing into e-commerce for the first time.
Creative and talented people who get to know us are eager to come to work at FVLD. Why are we an employer of choice among applicants for attorney, paralegal and support staff positions?
Some of the examples of what FVLD has provided its clients
- Prepared and assisted in the negotiation of terms for comprehensive software development agreements for a client expanding their Internet initiatives, which involved coordinating several business partners, the software developer, website developer, database designers with the in-house IT staff to satisfy multiple divisions of the company. The multi-million dollar projects also included negotiating joint venture and traditional outsourcing agreements.
- Assisted a client in obtaining angel funding for a new Internet-based, e-learning software product and related partnering agreements for its development and hosting.
- Worked with a client purchasing licenses for enterprise management and CRM software and negotiating the implementation contracts. We were able to save the client over $150,000 in unnecessary costs identified through our pro-active approach because we had focused on our client’s business needs.
- Developed a comprehensive agreement for a client for the design of websites for Fortune 500 companies that anticipated and responded to the needs of the client and its customers enabling an expedited negotiating process between business professionals without further "legal" review, which could have potentially stalled the projects for weeks.
- Obtained a several hundred thousand dollar judgment against a California hardware and software development company that had sold a defective property management system for a large Chicago hotel after all efforts at settling the matter were exhausted.
- Assisted several start-ups in the development of their respective business plans, capital structure and funding, employee equity and incentive bonus plans, and a strategy to protect their intellectual property.
- Obtained a temporary restraining order to prevent on-line defamation and "cybersquatting" of a major Chicago newspaper’s website.
- Presented a comprehensive seminar for senior level management related to negotiating licenses and software development agreements for a client undertaking millions of dollars in e-business initiatives.
- Provided a seminar on protecting intellectual property in software design contracts to a Chicago-based association of programmers developing software for personal digital assistants utilizing Palm technologies.
At FVLD, we understand that our clients desire to get to the "business" of e-business, and our ability to provide comprehensive, cutting-edge and economical solutions to our clients creates the value our clients expect.